Noodle Soup


I love using recipes with noodles in, pad thai, stir fry, ramen, so my noodle soup is no exception. I usually make soup once a week trying new recipes or even making my own. This recipe was inspired by my mums chicken noodle soup which she used to make for us as children. I have now adapted this recipe and made my own veggie version however if you'd prefer you could always add some chicken in. This recipe is loved by my whole family and is usually stored in the fridge during the week for us to grab and eat for lunch or dinner so I hope you enjoy!

You will need:
Serves: 4                    Cook Time: 25 Minutes

1 Litre Vegetable Stock
2 Carrots Sliced
1 Sweet Potato 
1 Leek
2 Garlic Cloves Crushed
Rice Noodles (I used one square)
Salt and Pepper for seasoning 

Method:

Step 1: Fry the garlic and leek off in some olive oil for around 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

Step 2: Add the carrots, sweet potato and vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and let it simmer for around 20 minutes until the carrot and sweet potato are soft.

Step 3: Once your veggies are soft you can now add your rice noodles. I added 1 block of rice noodles and let this cook for the last 2 - 3 minutes. Your noodles will cook almost instantly so after the last couple minutes take the soup of the heat and it is done.

Step 4: Enjoy! You can keep this soup in the fridge for up to 4 days once cool.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring food in Amsterdam

Veggie Con Carne